Getting Started in Thailand
Once you enter on a tourist visa you can travel to the area of your work and determine if the job is right for you. If you take the position, your employer will gather the required paperwork for your extended visa. If they are timely in this and you can get to the visa office in Bangkok with 20 days remaining on your visa the in-country office will be able to process your extension. However, if you have less than 20 days remaining on your visa, it will be necessary to leave the country for the paperwork.
Make sure to double-check all the paperwork for correct spelling, especially of your name. The visa office allows no leeway in this.
Things to bring with you:
- an official copy of your university diploma
- a certified copy of your transcripts
- several passport photos (preferably all of the same picture)
Things you will probably have to do for work:
- get a health certificate (this needs to be from a Thai hospital and it is very inexpensive. They just check your blood pressure/weight/temperature and give you a paper)
- sign every document you copy for the visa paperwork to certify that they are real copies